Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ACS Bike-a-thon

The American Cancer Society bike-a-thon on July 12th was probably one of the coolest things I have done in a long time. Well, since the Breast Cancer 3-day.... I was able to ride 46 of the 66 miles and it was an amazing ride. This picture was taken as we waited to head over the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia. It was a cool and overcast morning, the perfect start to the day. We started over the bridge to the theme from "Rocky".

The ride took us through Cherry Hill, NJ and into the country. It was all I could do to resist the produce stands along the way advertising New Jersey tomatoes and blueberries. We ended the ride at Buena Vista, NJ. I had arranged transport back to Philly and hopped on a huge bus. Our bikes were loaded into huge 18 wheeler moving trucks, 100 per truck.

All in all, a very rewarding experience and one I hope to do again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment